14 February 2008

Big decisions


The coffee maker apparently lost its job description, and stopped doing what it was meant to. I called the manufacturer, and had to laugh when she asked if I had a receipt for it (it was a gift from Thor, further making the receipt concept so preposterous).

So I needed a new coffeemaker...

Since I use it every day, I felt comfortable going large and getting a top-notch maker...so I went, 20% off coupon in hand, over to Bed Bath and Beyond and scored what appeared to be the updated version of my old one, only with the added benefit of a built-in grinder...

Turns out, it just didn't keep the coffee warm enough for long enough, and you had to push a button every time you WEREN'T going to use the grinder...so back I went...


I went down market with try number, two, but made the mistake of keeping with the "carafe" set up (versus plain old glass...").

SO That one,too, had to be returned...SO I ended up getting the same exact one I started off with, just without the seemingly ubiquitous stainless steel. You'll have to trust me for now...no photos yet.

Side note-In my photography class, we were showing pictures to the class that we'd taken during the week. I'd documented the various coffee maker visits, and ended up showing them to the class. It was clear that people wondered why I had photos of my household appliances.

No comments: