30 September 2008

Flaky buyer



Craigslist is awesome.

Let me just be clear about that.

People, however, are not always awesome. So, when I decided that I wanted a bed that took "less visual space" in the bedroom (can I quote myself here?), that I wanted to be responsible about it and actually flick my bed#1 before getting something new (or just different...).

So I CL'd it, and got a buyer, got a price, and set up a day for her to pick it up. So I went ahead (the bed was going nowhere w/o being broken down to get out of the room, down the stairs, and ostensibly, into a car. Although I'd be funny to see a fully built four post bed in the back of a pick up truck driving around) and took the bed apart for pick up.

Alas, she got nervous about her ability to put it back together and after I declined her offer to go over and help her (after not being able to figure a good way to first ask, "um, so, are you cute?") assemble it, she never posted to pick it up.

So, now I get to sleep on the floor like the guy who has no job that I am. On the right is the bed, in it's current state...It is, suffice to say, still for sale. And, it's already ready to be picked up!

No comments: