29 May 2009

What, is that a problem or something?



The rain barrel project got a great upgrade this year as we added hoses to them so I could just water wherever I wanted to, having--pictures to follow--set them up on stacks of pavers to give the added edge of gravity.

So this year, instead of unloading the water into buckets and then carrying the buckets to the destination of watering, like a complete idiot, this year I've got the hose thing going on. The rain barrel program made it so I barely used my outside faucet last year, which was kind of cool.

So this year (and there is another story about this faucet**), when I turned the water to the outside faucet on, I could hear it splashing about outside. SO I turned it back off, and went to investigate...and found...that the entire thing came right out of the side of the house.

What, is that a problem or something? So in another chapter of Clearydome Irony, the very same year that I sealed up the area where the faucet came out of...is the same year that it (for the second year in a row...) froze up, but this time enough so that it broke the connection and the entire thing came free.

So, the decision was made to re-locate the faucet so that it was in a fully frost-free environment. Hopefully, this will mean that in the future,

***I won't get a phone call some 10 minutes into the start of the Daytona 24 from my neighbor saying, "there is ice coming out of the side of your house..."

Hopefully.

No comments: