17 December 2008

Coffee table project (update from "FAIL" below)

Decided to upgrade the roller-coffee-table I've had for ages.

Even though it had a built-in incense holder (see burn marks).

So I got foam and some faux-leather. Was shocked to find that I had spray-adheasive in stock to use to stick the foam to the table.

I was not shocked, though, that it didn't come out perfectly, as the corners required a technique that struck me as being very similar to wrapping x-mas gifts. However, in this case, I could not just cut an extra bit of paper to tape to the present to cover whatever I'd missed. So it took several tries to get if not right, at least respectable.

It probably wasn't worth it, but in the meantime a bit of a second life for the thing, which is now also technically also a place to sit. Probably not really a good idea to be burning candles on it, but hey.










No comments: