10 December 2008

I really mean it this time...









I've been saying that it's the "last round" of raking for some time, but then I remembered that I also have a back yard.

So a couple of weeks back, I got the blower and rake out and really cleared the whole back yard out, getting the final round of leaves onto the sidewalk.

But then, I realized I was out of leaf bags, and I'd guess the game was on or some other distraction and then the next thing you know, it's snowing with a pile of leaves, not to mention all my hoses, underneath in the back yard.

So yesterday's thaw-from 18 degrees this weekend to nearly 50 for a day of rain yesterday-I took advantage and cleared the wet (this is fun!) leaves out of the back yard. The more work I do around the house, the more sense it makes that my folks were such avid procreators. More kids to do the raking.

No comments: