11 April 2009

Mission Accomplished













The upstairs bedroom window is wonderfully big. But even though it points East, it still does what windows do, namely let in light. This is great. Except when I'm trying to get my weekend late sleeping in on.

So, window treatments it is. I was nervous when I was installing the rod holder brackets, knowing that not only was I screwing into what was mostly just plaster, but also, too, that it was plaster that I'd put there. But so far, so good and it's held...

SO the trim around the window is done, and so now, too, are the curtains for when I'm looking to really go for an S Anson style full system shut down. Thanks to K man and Heather for the on the fly consulting.

Note the photos. Dramatic illustration--two photos I call... "Dark with shades closed" and "Light with them open."

No comments: