14 April 2009

"Other Closet"


So the goal here is to make a closet out of the un-used space by the entrance to the upstairs bedroom. By putting everything here, I was able to clear out the hanging storage in the doormer room and hopefully, by having everything out like this, I'll be motivated to clear a bunch of old stuff out.

I had to buy a special saw blade to cut the ("Real Organized") chrome rod down five inches so it would fit in there, which it did just perfectly in spite of my lack of measuring prowess. It was kind of fun, tons of sparks and all that, although it did smell awful for some reason. Used dry wall anchors for the four brackets I mounted to hold the rod.

Also, the plan is to hang a wire and then some kind of sort of sheer liner to make it a little more out of sight...until I get the big closet built...

No comments: